Monday, January 21, 2013

Comfort Food

No soda has crossed these lips since last year. So.. I have found strength there. But... sometimes certain food is difficult to turn away from. Last night at work I made some homemade Baked French Toast for the kids. It was made with a loaf of Cinnamon Swirl bread (the good stuff from a bakery). So, it was full of cinnamon sugary goodness. And may I say, it looked beautiful. Kids that don't normally eat breakfast came back for seconds. I also made some homemade Mac & Cheese for them. They are having a luncheon today at work and our house has to bring the Mac & Cheese. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE to Cook. It's funny whenever I go to a restaurant and eat something new, I usually say, "I could make that". My girlfriend laughs every time. But, anyway... So, I made this big batch of Thick and Creamy Mac & Cheese. And I had a bit left over that would not fit into the Crock Pot. The bad part is.. I ate some. The good news is... It was only about 3/4 of a serving. I left the rest for the staff member that did the security checks. That turned out really, REALLY GOOD!!! Even so... I only had the one little bit. By the way... I did steer clear of the French Toast. Keep On Trekking.

2 comments:

  1. A word to keep in mind on days like today. Sustainability! Yes, you did have some homemade mac and cheese. But do you really think you will say no to homemade mac and cheese forever? You can celebrate in the achievement of moderation! And remember... this is a mind game. In order for you to build sustainable habits, you can't say no to each and every thing. Have a bite, only a bite, and you have still won! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. You rock! And I really like knowing you are reading this.

      Delete